Organic Reaction Mechanisms, 1997An Annual Survey Covering the Literature Dated December 1996 to November 1997
Edited by A.C. Knipe and W.E. Watts
Organic Reaction Mechanisms, 2004 is the 40th volume in this classical series. In every volume, the content is divided in the different classes of organic reaction mechanisms. An experienced team of authors compiles these reviews every year, so that the reader can rely on a continuing quality of selection and presentation. As a new service to the reader, all reaction mechanisms leading to stereospecific products are highlighted.Contents
1. Reactions of Aldehydes and Ketones and their Derivatives (B.A. Murray).
2. Reactions of Carboxylic, Phosphoric and Sulfonic Acids and Their Derivatives (C.T. Bedford).
3. Oxidation and Reduction (R.N. Mehrotra).
4. Carbenes and Nitrenes (M. Christlieb, D.M. Hodgson and E. Gras).
5. Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution (M.R. Crampton).
6. Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution (R.G. Coombes).
7. Carbocations (R.A. McClelland).
8. Nucleophilic Aliphatic Substitution (I. Lee and D.D. Sung).
9. Carbanions and Electrophilic Aliphatic Substitution (A.C. Knipe).
10. Elimination Reactions (M.L. Birsa).
11. Addition Reactions: Polar Addition (P. Kocovsky).
12. Addition Reactions: Cycloaddition (N. Dennis).
13. Molecular Rearrangements: Part 1 (K. Banert and H. Hahn).
14. Molecular Rearrangements: Part 2 (A. Brandi and F. Pisaneschi).